Imagery in psychotherapy [electronic resource] / Jerome L. Singer.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2006.
1 online resource
- Imagery (Psychology) Therapeutic use.
Visualization -- Therapeutic use.
- Medical subjects:
- Imagery, Psychotherapy -- methods.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "This book guides the practicing clinician or student therapist toward practical applications of imagery in a range of psychodynamic, cognitive, and behavioral therapies. Jerome L. Singer builds on the current status of research on consciousness, narrative thought, and the human capacity for imagery representations of memories, plans, and fantasies. He draws on his more than 50 years of empirical research and psychotherapy practice as well as his personal introspections to suggest how clinicians can expand their own conscious thought and use the gift of imagery to assist patients in varied clinical approaches. The book emphasizes the common features of psychotherapies and seeks to demonstrate how clinical practice can be based on fundamental psychological research in cognition, emotion, and interpersonal transactions using imagery as a focal area"--Book. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2006 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 187-208) and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2005 dcunns.
- Other format:
- 1591473330 (print)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|