Chemical concepts of psychosis [electronic resource] : proceedings of the Symposium on Chemical Concepts of Psychosis held at the Second International Congress of Psychiatry in Zurich, Switzerland, September 1 to 7, 1957 / edited by Max Rinkel with Herman C.B. Denber.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- New York : McDowell, Obolensky, 
- Conference Name:
- Symposium on Chemical Concepts of Psychosis (1957 : Zürich)
1 online resource
- Psychiatry -- Congresses.
Chemotherapy -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Psychiatry -- congresses.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "On the occasion of the Second International Congress of Psychiatry in Zurich, Switzerland, on September 2 and 3, 1957, a Symposium on Chemical Concepts of Psychosis was held under the chairmanship of Max Rinkel, of the Massachusetts Mental Health Center, and the Co-Chairmanship of Herman C. B. Denber, of the Manhattan State Hospital, New York. Honorary President of this Symposium was Professor Carl G. Jung; Honorary Vice-President, Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology Ernst Rothlin, of Basel, Switzerland. It was the first time in the history of psychiatry that a Symposium on Chemical Concepts of Psychosis was held at an International Psychiatric Congress. The purpose of this Symposium was to relate recent advances in chemistry to psychiatry, and to stimulate directed research. In the following thirty-six papers, prepared by internationally renowned scientists of various nations, pertinent chemical findings are reported and correlated with psychiatric problems. Methods and theories, clinical observations, speculations, and critical opinions are discussed, allowing the separation of facts from assumptions and forming a new basis for further research. While the subject of this Symposium was the problem of chemical concepts of psychosis, important contributions of psychologists and psychoanalysts were also included"--Foreword. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2006 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographies.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2005 dcunns.
Part of the APA PsycBOOKS collection.
- Rinkel, Max, ed.
Denber, Herman C. B., ed.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|