Clinical health psychology in medical settings [electronic resource] : a practitioner's guidebook / Cynthia D. Belar and William W. Deardorff.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 2nd ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2009.
1 online resource
- Clinical health psychology.
- Medical subjects:
- Psychology, Clinical.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Practicing psychologists and professional graduate students will find this classic guide invaluable for developing specialized expertise in clinical health psychology. The authors, 30-year veterans in the field, provide an overview of the roles and functions of clinical health psychologists as well as the education, training, personal, and professional issues involved. Chapters on assessment, intervention, and counseling with medical colleagues present nuts-and-bolts strategies, case examples, and down-to-earth advice for effective practice. This new edition includes an expanded discussion of psychometric instruments as well as psychological testing with medical patients. The chapter on ethical issues has been completely updated to reflect the 2002 version of the American Psychological Association's "Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct," and the chapter on liability now identifies the highest areas of risk and discusses strategies to reduce liability. All chapters include updated reading lists to guide the practitioner or student interested in further study in targeted areas"--Jacket. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2009 APA, all rights reserved).
- Introduction to clinical health psychology
Becoming a clinical health psychologist
Clinical health psychology assessment
Intervention strategies in clinical health psychology
Pitfalls in practice
Ethical issues in the practice of clinical health psychology
Liability risks in clinical health psychology : malpractice claims and licensing board complaints
Future issues for clinical health psychology.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-291) and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2009. Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2009 dcunns
- Deardorff, William W.
American Psychological Association.
- 9781433803789 (alk. paper : print ed.)
143380378X (alk. paper : print ed.)
1433803747 (alk. paper : print ed.)
9781433803741 (alk. paper : print ed.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|