The qualities of men [electronic resource] : an essay in appreciation / by Joseph Jastrow.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Boston ; New York : Houghton Mifflin Company, 1910.
1 online resource
- Conduct of life.
- Medical subjects:
- Human Characteristics.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "A study of the qualities of men in which a psychological interest in humanity is prominent, may properly be expected to undertake an analysis of the fundamental factors in human nature; their transformation in human nurture; and their values in growth, education, and vocation. This is indeed the basal problem in the psychology of human traits. I have not slighted it, and am engaged in a modest attempt to interpret what modern psychology has to say on the subject. In the preparation for that work, I found the more general bearings of the problems of human quality constantly growing in interest and insistently demanding formulation. I found, too, that their treatment made natural a more general form of statement and a wider appeal; while yet it could be reconciled to a seeming neglect of the psychological analysis at closer range. The present essay thus represents an expansion of the conclusions of a study, the preliminaries of which are not overlooked but merged in the composite contours of a generalizing interest"--Preface. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved).
- Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2012. Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2012 dcunns
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|