Matter and memory [electronic resource] / by Henri Bergson ... ; authorized translation by Nancy Margaret Paul and W. Scott Palmer.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- London : G. Allen and Company, Limited ; New York : Macmillan Company, 1913.
- Library of philosophy.
Library of philosophy
1 online resource
- Mind and body.
- Medical subjects:
- Mind-Body Relations, Metaphysical.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "This book affirms the reality of spirit and the reality of matter, and tries to determine the relation of the one to the other by the study of a definite example, that of memory. It is, then, frankly dualistic. But, on the other hand, it deals with body and mind in such a way as, we hope, to lessen greatly, if not to overcome, the theoretical difficulties which have always beset dualism, and which cause it, though suggested by the immediate verdict of consciousness and adopted by common sense, to be held in small honor among philosophers"--Introduction. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved).
- "First edition: January 1911. Re-issue: January 1912, March 1913."
Reprint of 1911.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2012. Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2012 dcunns
- Paul, Nancy Margaret.
Palmer, William Scott, b. 1848.
Dowson, M. E. (Mary Emily), b. 1848.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|