Teamwork in research [electronic resource] / edited by George P. Bush and Lowell H. Hattery ; foreword by Howard A. Meyerhoff.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington : American University Press, 
- Conference Name:
- Institute on Administration of Scientific Research and Development (3rd : 1951 : American University, Washington, D.C.)
1 online resource
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "The Third Institute on the Administration of Scientific Research and Development, sponsored by The American University, the National Research Council, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, was primarily concerned with problems posed by team research. Like so many things that acquire sudden prominence, team research may currently be glorified beyond its merits, and there are those who lack the historical perspective to recognize its antiquity, as well as those who exaggerate its importance to the point of claiming that the "uncommitted" research of the individual worker is as much an anachronism as the horse is in the realm of transportation, and that both will soon be appropriate museum pieces. Although the participants in the Institute devoted themselves enthusiastically and single-mindedly to the subject of team research, this volume is evidence that they did not lose their sense of perspective. Just as the geologist, the naturalist, or the engineer knows that the horse is the only means of locomotion along a mountain trail, so in every specialized field of science the patient labor--whether inspired or plodding--of the highly trained expert is still indispensable as a means of adding to the factual base upon which the foundation of effective teamwork is laid"--Foreword. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved).
- "Adapted from the proceedings of the Third Institute on Administration of Scientific Research and Development, presented at Washington, D.C. by the American University with the cooperation of the National Research Council and the American Association for the Advancement of Science."
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2011. Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2011 dcunns
- Hattery, Lowell H. (Lowell Harold), 1916-
Bush, George Pollock, 1892- ed.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|