Spiritual interventions in child and adolescent psychotherapy [electronic resource] / edited by Donald F. Walker and William L. Hathaway.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, c2013.
1 online resource
- Adolescent psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Counseling -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Medical subjects:
Counseling -- ethics.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Many children are raised in families where religion and spirituality are key factors in their development, and clinical experience shows that addressing this spirituality can assist the therapeutic process. In psychotherapy, spiritual interventions must be blended effectively with secular evidence-based techniques. Furthermore, when such interventions are applied with children, there are unique ethical, developmental, and family considerations. This book presents guidance for integrating spiritual interventions in psychotherapy with children and their families. The interventions are appropriate for a range of settings, presenting problems, and client belief systems. Specific chapters address the use of prayer, forgiveness, acceptance, spiritual awareness, sacred texts, and God images in therapy. Illustrative case studies are included, and ethical issues are given special consideration. This volume will be a valuable resource for therapists who work with spiritually diverse children, adolescents, and their families"--Publicity materials. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2012 APA, all rights reserved).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2012. Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2012 dcunns
- Walker, Donald F. (Donald Franklin)
Hathaway, William L. (William Lloyd)
- Other format:
- 9781433812187 (print ed.)
1433812185 (print ed.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|