Das experiment [videorecording] = The experiment / Eine Typhoon und Fanes Film Produktion ; mit Senator Film Produktion ; Ein Oliver Hirschbiegel Film ; Produzenten, Norbert Pruess ... [et al.] ; Drehbuch, Mario Giordano, Christoph Darnstädt, Don Bohlinger ; Regie, Oliver Hirschbiegel.
- [Santa Monica, CA] : Lions Gate Home Entertainment ; [s.l.] : Christal Films, c2000.
1 videodisc (114 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Giordano, Mario -- Film adaptations.
Prison psychology -- Experiments -- Drama.
Identity (Psychology) -- Drama.
Group identity -- Drama.
Conflict management -- Drama.
Social conflict -- Drama.
Intergroup relations -- Drama.
Natural selection -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Motion pictures, German.
- In German or dubbed French; optional subtitles in English or French.
Open-captioned in English for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1 Dolby Digital.
digital optical surround 5.1 Dolby Digital
video file DVD video NTSC region 1
- "It began as a game in the name of science, an investigation of aggressive behaviour in a simulated prison environment. Twenty men. Two weeks. The payoff: a breezy $2,000. The plan: assign eight men as 'guards' and twelve men as 'prisoners'. While the prisoners are locked up and ordered to follow rules, the guards are instructed to keep order. But giving a man power makes him powerful. Take away a man's pride and humanity and it makes him weak. As the experiment plays out, power and authority battle rebellion and retribution and increasing violent results blur the line between experiment and reality."--Container.
- Moritz Bleibtreu, Maren Eggert, Christian Berkel.
- Director of photography, Rainer Klausmann; editor, Hans Funck; music, Alexander van Bubenheim.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2000.
Based on Black Box / [by] Mario Giordano.
Special feature: production notes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
- Hirschbiegel, Oliver, film director.
Pruess, Norbert, film producer.
Giordano, Mario. author, screenwriter.
Darnstädt, Christoph, screenwriter.
Bohlinger, Don, screenwriter.
Bleibtreu, Moritz, 1971- actor.
Eggert, Maren, actor.
Berkel, Christian, 1957- actor.
Bubenheim, Alexander van, composer (expression)
Typhoon Film (Firm), film production company.
Fanes Film (Firm), film production company.
Senator Film (Firm), film production company.
Lions Gate Home Entertainment, film distribution company.
Christal Films (Firm), film distribution company.
Class of 1932 Fund.
- Publisher Number:
16085E Lions Gate Home Entertainment/Christal Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|