Snuffy Jenkins [electronic resource] : pioneer of the bluegrass banjo.
- Other Title:
- Pioneer of the bluegrass banjo
- El Cerrito, CA : Arhoolie Productions, 1998.
- Music online: American song
- Sound recording
1 online resource
- Bluegrass music -- 1961-1970.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Watermelon hangin' on a vine
Step it up and go
Possum up a gum stump
Long journey home
Dixie, there's no place like home
The covered wagon rolled right along
Boggy road to Texas
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Gonna catch that train an' ride
Born in hard luck
The sweetest gift, a mother's smile
Long time gone
Snuffy's talking blues.
- Dewitt "Snuffy" Jenkins, banjo, vocals, guitar & washboard ; Homer "Pappy" Sherrill, fiddle ; Julian "Greasy" Medlin, lead guitar & vocals ; Bill Rea, guitar & vocals ; Ira Dimmery, bass.
- Previously published as compact disc.
Program and biographical notes by Peter J. Welding on container insert.
Recorded at WIS Studios, Columbia, S.C., Oct. 1962.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (American song). Available via World Wide Web.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|