The social harp [electronic resource] : Early American shape -note songs / performed by southern traditional singers.
- Other Title:
- Early American shape-note songs
- Cambridge, Mass. : Rounder, 1994.
- Music online: American song
- Sound recording
1 online resource
Popular music -- Southern States -- To 1901.
- Local subjects:
- United States -- Southern States. (search)
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Singing-school pieces. Singing school ; Jolly soldier ; Buonaparte ; Marion ; Musgrove ; Wake up ; The beggar ; Heavenly meeting ; Raymond ; Good-by
Campmeeting and revival spirituals. Zion's walls ; O save ; The royal band ; Few days ; Weeping Mary ; Come, tell me of your ship ; Heavenly King ; The traveller ; To the land ; Lisbon.
- Composed in part by J.G. McCurry (4th, 6th-11th, 14th-15th, 18th-19th works).
Originally issued as compact disc.
Songs from: The social harp : a collection of tunes, odes, anthems, and set pieces / [compiled] by John G. McCurry. Philadelphia : T.K. Collins, 1855.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (American song). Available via World Wide Web.
- McCurry, John G. (John Gordon), 1821-1886. Selections.
- Other format:
- CD 0094
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|