The game is on [electronic resource] / directed and produced by Michael Camerini and Shari Robertson.
- Other Title:
- How democracy works now, story one : the game is on
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2007.
- Filmakers library online
How democracy works now ; story 1
1 online resource (91 min.)
- Political science.
Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
Mason City (Iowa)
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Summer, 2001: Secret negotiations between the governments of the U.S. and Mexico break into front page news, igniting a national debate over immigration. The moment seems like an incredible alignment of the stars, as advocates maneuver politicians to move further and faster. Then 9/11 attacks shatter those hopes. But around the country, the issue lingers into November's local elections. A heated city council race in Iowa tells a personal story about political engagement in difficult times, and previews the battle to come.
- How we started
The grand bargain
Mason City, Iowa
The campaign heats up
Meet the press
Back in D.C.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 14, 2014).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Robertson, Shari. , Director, Producer
Camerini, Michael. , Director, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
Filmakers Library online. , Publisher
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|