Guguletu ballet [electronic resource] / directed by Kristin Pichaske.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2003.
- Filmakers library online
1 online resource (23 min.)
- Dance for All (Dance company).
- In 1992, a white South African ballet dancer ventured into a township and began teaching classes in an empty schoolroom. Within a few years, hundreds of township children took up ballet, and a program called Dance For All was born. Guguletu Ballet profiles some of the extraordinary people behind Dance For All s success -- from prima ballerinas who left the international stage to teach in the townships, to students who are overcoming great odds. Their stories offer a glimpse at the harsh realities of township life ... and proof that ballet dancers can come from the most unlikely places.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|