Our children at risk [electronic resource] / produced, written, and Directed by Roger Weisberg, Public Policy Productions.
- Other records:
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1992.
- Filmakers library online
1 online resource (57 min.)
- Maternal and infant welfare -- United States.
Medical policy -- United States -- Finance.
- Our Children At Risk examines why millions of today's young children may fail to reach their full developmental potential and considers the positive steps the U.S. can take to address this crisis. The program features families with young children who are going hungry and foregoing necessary medical care as well as children whose development is threatened by the destructive forces of poverty. Child advocates explore cost effective ways to ensure that all children get off to a healthy start. Among the experts interviewed are Dr. T. Berry Brazelton, Harvard Medical School, and Marian Wright Edelman, the Children s Defense Fund. As Walter Cronkite concludes, "the cost of reaching these children may be daunting, but the cost of failing to reach our children at risk is more than our society can possibly afford.".
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
American Journal of Nursing Film Festival, 1992
Bronze Plaque, Columbus International Film & Video Festival, 1993
Red Ribbon, American Film & Video Festival, 1992
Silver Apple, National Educational Film & Video Festival, 1992
- Alexander Street Press.
Public Policy Productions, Inc.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|