The heart o' the hills [videorecording] / a Milestone Film release ; the Mary Pickford Foundation ; a First National attraction ; direction by Sidney A. Franklin ; story by John Fox, Jr. ; adaptation by Bernard McConville. M'liss / a Milestone Film release ; Pickford Film Corporation ; photoplay by Frances Marion ; supervised and directed by Marshall A. Neilan ; presented by Artcraft Pictures Corporation..
- Other Title:
- Heart of the hills
- Full screen.
- Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment, c2005.
- Milestone collection.
The Milestone collection
1 videodisc (78, 73 minutes) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Fox, John, 1863-1919 -- Film adaptations.
Swindlers and swindling -- Drama.
Murder -- Drama.
Revenge -- Drama.
Impediments to marriage -- Drama.
Harte, Bret, 1836-1902 -- Film adaptations.
Miners -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
- Title cards in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 0; full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
DVD-ROM features require Adobe Reader.
video file DVD, NTSC, Region 0
- (Heart o' the hills) A wild and independent Kentucky mountain girl saves her mother's land from land sharks, rides with a group of night riders, avenges the murder of her father, and eventually marries her mountaineer sweetheart.
(M'liss) "M'liss, a feisty young girl in a mining camp, falls for Charles Gray, the school teacher. Charles is implicated in a murder of which he is innocent, and the two must fight to save him from a lynching."--Jim Beaver, on IMDb.
- (Heart o' the hills) Mary Pickford, Jack Gilbert, Allan Sears.
(M'liss) Mary Pickford, Theodore Roberts, Thomas Meighan.
- (Heart o' the hills) Cinematography, Charles Rosher; editor, Edward M. McDermott; music, Maria Newman.
(M'liss) Cinematography, Walter Stradling; music, Donald Sosin.
- Videodisc release of two silent motion pictures produced in 1919 (Heart o' the hills) and 1918 (M'liss), both with music score added. The first film is in original sepia and white.
Heart o' the hills is based on Heart of the hills / by John Fox, Jr. M'liss is based on M'liss : an idyl of Red Mountain / by Bret Harte.
Special features: the feature film M'liss; stills galleries from the collections of the Mary Pickford Library, Rob Brooks and Joe Yranski; DVD-ROM feature: Milestone press kit with article "From page to screen" by film historian Daniel Eagan.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1 (both films.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
- Pickford, Mary, 1892-1979, actor, producer.
Franklin, Sidney A., 1893-1972, film director.
Gilbert, John, 1897-1936, actor.
Sears, Allan, 1887-1942, actor.
Newman, Maria, composer, performer.
Sosin, Donald, composer, performer.
Mary Pickford Foundation, film production company.
First National Pictures, Inc., film production company.
Milestone Film & Video, film distribution company.
Image Entertainment (Firm), film distribution company.
Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
- M'liss [videorecording].
- Publisher Number:
ID1972MLSDVD Image Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|