In memory of my feelings : a selection of poems / by Frank O'Hara ; edited by Bill Berkson.
- Reprint edition
- New York : Museum of Modern Art, 2005, 1967. , ©1967.
1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Art, American -- 20th century.
Art and literature.
Art and literature.
O'Hara, Frank, 1926-1966.
- Local subjects:
- Bild -- Text.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- Thirty poems each with original decoration by an artist with whom the poet was associated during his life.
- Ann Arbor variations (July 1951) / Reuben Nakian
Jane awake (ca. 1951) / Alex Katz
Poem ("The eager note ... ") (February 1950) / Alfred Leslie
Poem to James Schuyler (ca. 1951) / Robert Motherwell
Chez Jane (September 1952) / Marisol
Blocks (October 1952) / Joe Brainard
From Second Avenue (March-April 1953) / Al Held
Romanze, or the music students (October 1953) / Roy Lichtenstein
Ode (June 18, 1954) / Jane Wilson
Meditations in an emergency (June 25, 1954) / Joan Mitchell
On the way to the San Remo (July 1954) / Elaine de Kooning
Music (October 1954) / John Button
To the film industry in crisis (November 15, 1955) / Niki de Saint Phalle
Sleeping on the wing (December 29, 1955) / Barnett Newman
In memory of my feelings (June-July 1956) / Jasper Johns
A step away from them (August 16, 1956) / Robert Rauschenberg
Ode to Willem de Kooning (1957) / Willem de Kooning
Ode to Michael Goldberg ('s birth and other births) (February 1-3, 1958) / Philip Guston
Image of the Buddha preaching (June 3, 1959) / Claes Oldenburg
The day Lady died (July 17, 1959) / Grace Hartigan
Rhapsody (July 30, 1959) / Michael Goldberg
Song (July 31, 1959) / Matsumi Kanemitsu
Poem ("Hate is only one of many responses ... ") (August 24, 1959) / Helen Frankenthaler
Naphtha (September 3, 1959) / Norman Bluhm
Poem ("Khrushchev is coming on the right day ... ") (September 17, 1959) / Allan D'Arcangelo
Variations on Pasternak's "Mein liebchen, was willst du noch mehr?" (September 16, 1959) / Giorgio Cavallon
Poem to Donald M. Allen (October 27, 1959) / Nell Blaine
Poem V (F) W (November 6, 1959) / Jane Freilicher
Poem ("Light clarity avocado salad ... ") (December 5, 1949) / Lee Krasner
For the Chinese New Year & for Bill Bickerson (February 2, 1961) / Larry Rivers.
- "©1957, Frank O'Hara. Meditations in an Emergency ... ©1960, Frank O'Hara. Odes ... ©1960, Frank O'Hara. Second Avenue ... ©1964. Frank O'Hara. Lunch poems ... ©1966, Frank O'Hara. Love poems ... ©1967, The Estate of Frank O'Hara"--verso of title page.
"©1967, The Museum of Modern Art, New York. Afterword and all illustrations in this volume"--verso of title page
"The present edition was typeset, printed, and bound by Stamperia Valdonega, Verona, on Munken Pure 130 gsm acid-free paper"--colophon.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Berkson, Bill, editor.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.), issuing body.
Stamperia Valdonega, printer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|