The mortal storm [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; produced by Loew's Incorporated, a Frank Borzage production ; screen play by Claudine West, Andersen Ellis and George Froeschel ; directed by Frank Borzage.
- Burbank, Calif. : Turner Entertainment Co. : Warner Bros. Entertainment : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 2009.
- Archive collection
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group archive collection
1 videodisc (100 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Bottome, Phyllis, 1882-1963 -- Film adaptations.
Germany -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945 -- Drama.
Families -- Germany -- Drama.
National socialism and intellectuals -- Drama.
Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945 -- Drama.
College teachers -- Germany -- Drama.
Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945.
National socialism and intellectuals.
Politics and government.
- Feature films -- United States.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, (Dolby digital mono.
- On the same day that Prof. Roth celebrates his birthday, Hitler becomes Chancellor of Germany. This causes a tragic rift among the guests at the professor's party. Politics come between Roth's daughter Freya & her fiance. Freya finds herself falling in love with an old friend, but their only hope for a future together is to escape to freedom across the Austrian border.
- Margaret Sullavan, James Stewart, Robert Young, Frank Morgan, Robert Stack, Bonita Granville, Irene Rich, William T. Orr, Maria Ouspenskaya, Gene Reynolds.
- Musical score by Edward Kane with Bronislaw Kaper, Eugene Zádor ; director of photography, William Daniels ; film editor, Elmo Veron.
- 4x3, 1.33:1 aspect ratios.
Based on the book by Phyllis Bottome.
"This disc is expected to play back in DVD video "play only" devices, and may not play back in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives"--Container.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1940.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Borzage, Frank. , Producer, Director
West, Claudine, 1890-1943. , Screenwriter
Rameau, Hans, 1901-1980. , Screenwriter
Froeschel, George. , Screenwriter
Sullavan, Margaret, 1909-1960. , Actor
Stewart, James, 1908-1997 , Actor
Young, Robert, 1907-1998 , Actor
Morgan, Frank, 1890-1949. , Actor
Kane, Edward. , Composer
Kaper, Bronislaw, 1902-1983 , Composer
Zádor, Eugene, 1894-1977 , Composer
Bottome, Phyllis, 1882-1963. , Author
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Loew's Incorporated. , Producer
Turner Entertainment Co.. , Producer
Warner Bros. Entertainment. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|