The bridge : a poem / by Hart Crane ; with an introduction by Malcolm Cowley and photographs by Richard Benson.
- New York : Printed for the members of The Limited Editions Club, MCMLXXXI  , ©1981
- Somerville, MA : Michael & Winifred Bixler
xx, , 70,  pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Brooklyn Bridge (New York, N.Y.) -- Poetry.
- American poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Massachusetts Somerville.
- "Two thousand copies ... The format has been planned by Stephen Stinehour. The text was set in Monotype Dante and printed by Michael & Winifred Bixler, Boston. The photographs were taken by Richard Benson and reproduced by The Meriden Gravure Company in Meriden, Connecticut. The endpapers were reproduced from original paste papers designed by Carol Blinn. This is copy number ... and is here signed by the photographer"--Colophon.
"The endleaves have been printed in deep blue with a pastepaper design ... The binding is in silvery Gray cloth imported from the Netherlands, stamped in dark blue on the shelfback and in blind on the front cover. The edition has been bound at The Stinehour Press in Lunenburg, Vermont"--Monthly Letter of TheLimited Edition Club.
Photographs (1 double-page spread and 4 single page) are printed in three tones.
First and last leaves blank.
Issued in slipcase.
"Copyright ©1933, 1958, and 1970 by Liveright Publishing Corporation. The special contents of this edition are copyright ©1981 by The Limited Editions Club"--verso of title page
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy is number 685, and signed by photographer.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has announcement and photoreproduction of no. 520 (June 1981) of the Monthly letter of the Limited Editions Club laid in.
Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015.
Vilain-Wieck Collection copy is number 1933 and signed by the photographer.
Vilain-Wieck Collection copy has Monthly Letter laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Benson, Richard, 1943-2017 (autograph) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Villain, Jean-Franc̜ois, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Benson, Richard, 1943-2017 (autograph) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Newman & Wiche. Great and good books, 520
Limited Editions Club. Bibliography of the fine books published by the Limited Editions Club, 1929-1985, no. 520
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989, author of introduction.
Benson, Richard, 1943-2017, photographer.
Stinehour, Stephen, book designer.
Bixler, Michael, printer.
Bixler, Winifred, printer.
Meriden Gravure Company, printer.
Limited Editions Club, publisher.
Stinehour Press, bookbinder.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Jean-Franc̜ois Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Private Presses, Ephemera, & Related References (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|