Sponsoring Sufism : how governments promote "mystical Islam" in their domestic and foreign policies / Fait Muedini.
- First edition.
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Palgrave studies in religion, politics, and policy
Palgrave studies in religion, politics, and policy
219 pages ; 23 cm.
- Sufism -- Political aspects.
Sufism -- Political aspects -- Case studies.
Islam and state.
Islam and state -- Case studies.
- Introduction & theory of authoritarian leaders' hold on power
What is Sufism? : history, characteristics, and politics
Algeria : Abdel Aziz Bouteflika, Sufism, and authoritarianism
Morocco : King Mohammed VI, Sufism, and the Islamist challengers
Appealing to Sufi orders and shrines : the case of government Sufi advocacy in Pakistan
Cases of promoting Sufism in Russia, Chechnya, and Uzbekistan
The promotion of Sufism in the West : Britain and the United States
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|