New American stories / edited by Ben Marcus.
- New York : Vintage Contemporaries, 2015.
- Vintage contemporaries original
Vintage contemporaries original
xxiii, 753 pages ; 21 cm.
- Short stories, American -- 21st century.
Short stories, American -- 20th century.
American fiction -- 21st century.
American fiction -- 20th century.
Short stories, American.
- "Ben Marcus, one of the most innovative and vital writers of this generation, delivers a stellar anthology of the best short fiction being written today in America In New American Stories, Ben Marcus has collected a diverse, exciting, and wholly unique book of contemporary American fiction writers. Herein are the luminaries of the form like Deborah Eisenberg, George Saunders, and Denis Johnson, as well as the best new voices of today, like Wells Tower, Claire Vaye Watkins and Rivka Galchen. Practitioners of deep realism like Anthony Doerr and Yilun Li brush shoulders with genre-bending wonders like Charles Yu and Kelly Link. Finally there are the true emerging stars, like Tao Lin and Rachel Glasser standing next to long established writer like Joy Williams. Nothing less than the American short story renaissance distilled down to its most relevant, daring, and interesting works, New American Stories puts on wide display the true art of the short story"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction / Ben Marcus
Paranoia / Saïd Sayrafiezadeh
Slatland / Rebecca Lee
The early deaths of Lubeck, Brennan, Harp, and Carr / Jesse Ball
Some other, better Otto / Deborah Eisenberg
The deep / Anthony Doerr
A man like him / Yiyun Li
Home / George Saunders
Shhhh / NoViolet Bulawayo
Special economics / Maureen McHugh
This appointment occurs in the past / Sam Lipsyte
Men / Lydia davis
Another Manhattan / Donald Antrium
Meet the president! / Zadie Smith
The largesse of the sea maiden / Denis Johnson
The country / Joy Williams
A happy rural seat of various view: Lucinda's garden / Christine Schutt
Hammer and sickle / Don DeLillo
Play / Mathias Svalina
Madmen / Lucy Corin
The arms and legs of the lake / Mary Gaitskill
Raw water / Wells Tower
Pee on water / Rachel B. Glaser
Love is a thing on sale for more money than there exists / Tao Lin
The toast / Rebecca Curtis
Going for a beer / Robert Coover
Standard loneliness package / Charles Yu
Wait till you see me dance / Deb Olin Unferth
The lucky body / Kyle Coma-Thompson
The lost order / Rivka Galchen
Fish sticks / Donald Ray Pollock
Valley of the girls / Kelly Link
The diggings / Claire Vaye Watkins.
- Twenty-two short stories.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Marcus, Ben, 1967- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|