The forsaken promise : [documentary] / [directed and produced by Hugh Kitson], Hatikvah Film Trust ; [narrator Ian Cullen].
- Clarksburg, N.J. : Alden Films, [2007?]
2 videodiscs (117 min.) : sound, color, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Balfour Declaration.
Zionism -- Great Britain.
Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Middle East.
Middle East -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
Palestine -- History -- 1917-1948.
Middle East -- Palestine
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English and Hebrew, with English subtitles
- System Details:
- digital optical stereo Dolby Digital 5.1
video file DVD video dual-layered region 1
- Highlights the tragic events that took place to the Jewish people during the British Mandate period, mainly through the testimonies of those who were victims, participants, or eye-witnesses to them. They speak of Britain's political expediency and treachery towards the Jewish people in appeasing the militant Arab nationalist movement, as well as causing the wholesale misery of many thousands of Jewish people who were turned away from the shores of Palestine in the 1930s and 40s. Through the 1939 White Paper the British government also made inevitable the deaths of an untold number of Jews who could have escaped Hitler's Final Solution, had they been able to find refuge in their ancient homeland. This DVD documentary from the Hatikvah Film Trust deals with the events following those documented in its award-winning prequel The Destiny of Britain.
- episode 1. The forsaken promise, the forsaken Jews
episode 2. The end of the mandate, the end of the empire.
- Cinematography by Hugh Kitson ; narrated by Ian Cullen.
CBS "Gold Award."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
- Kitson, Hugh, film producer, film director, writer, editor of a moving image work, director of photography., Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Editor, Cinematographer
Cullen, Ian, narrator., Narrator
Alden Films, film distributor., Distributor
Hatikvah Film Trust, film production company., Producer
Class of 1932 Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|