101 damnations : the humorists' tour of personal hells / edited by Michael J. Rosen.
- Other Title:
- One hundred one damnations
- 1st ed.
- New York : Thomas Dunne Books, 2002.
xxii, 345 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- American wit and humor.
American wit and humor.
- Do you bristle at a handshake that resembles a limp fish? Do oblivious pedestrians bring you to the brink? What about museum gift shops, superfluous courtesy (do we need a gas pump to show us gratitude?), behemoth SUVs or inexplicable operating manuals? Have you had it with escalating movie-ticket prices, or proliferating celebrity magazines? Is it children's choirs or karaoke singers, waiters bearing pepper grinders or dinner guests blathering on about salt, that drives you to distraction? For anyone who has recognized that this peaceful kingdom of ours has more than a few potholes, this book is the perfect companion.
- Damnation 101, an Introduction / Michael J. Rosen, rejections by Bill Scheft xiii
Circle 1 The Road to Hell Is Paved with Good Inventions (New Items in the Devil's Workshop) 1
Circle 2 Speaking of the Devil (Speech That Deserves a Tongue-lashing) 43
Circle 3 Infernal Affairs (On Hell's Belles and Other Damnable Sorts) 75
Circle 4 It's Not the Heat, It's the Humi
No, Come to Think of it, it is the Heat (Seasonal Misery, Year-round) 113
Circle 5 Our Bodies, Our Hells 149
Circle 6 Hell Hath no Fury Like a Bored Child (Playing with Matches and Other Youthful Pursuits) 185
Circle 7 Out of the Frying Pan (Hellish Situations) 217
Circle 8 Devil in a Blue Dress (Also Available in Toast, Smoke, Ash, and Sulphur) (The Wretched Excesses) 257
Circle 9 The Devil Made Me Do It (for God and Country) 287.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rosen, Michael J., 1954-
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|