IEEE guide for conducting distribution impact studies for distributed resource interconnection [electronic resource] / sponsor, IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 21 of the IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 21 on Fuel Cells, Photovoltaics, Dispersed Generation, and Energy Storage.
- Other Title:
- Guide for conducting distribution impact studies for distributed resource interconnection
IEEE Std 1547.7-2013.
- New York : Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 28 February 2014.
- IEEE Std.
1 online resource (xi, 123 pages) : illustrations
- Abstract: IEEE Std 1547.7 is part of the IEEE 1547 series of standards. Whereas IEEE Std 1547-2003 provides mandatory requirements for the interconnection of distributed resources (DR) with electric power systems (EPS), this guide does not presume the interconnection is IEEE 1547 compliant. Further, this guide does not interpret IEEE Std 1547 or other standards in the IEEE 1547 series, and this guide does not provide additional requirements or recommended practices related to the other IEEE 1547 documents. However, DR interconnection may contribute to resultant conditions that could exceed what was normally planned for and built into the distribution system. This guide provides alternative approaches and good practices for engineering studies of the potential impacts of a DR or aggregate DR interconnected to the electric power distribution system. This guide describes criteria, scope, and extent for those engineering studies. Study scope and extent are described as functions of identifiable characteristics of the DR, the EPS, and the interconnection. The intent includes promoting impact study consistency while helping identify only those studies that should be performed based on technically transparent criteria for the DR interconnection. Keywords: distributed energy resources, distributed generation, distributed power, distributed resources, distribution grid, distribution system, electric power systems, energy storage, federal utility grid, fuel cells, grid interconnection requirements and specifications, IEEE 1547.7, interconnection, microturbines, national, photovoltaic power systems, public utility commission, regulations, renewable energy, rulemaking, regional, utility grid, utility grid dispersed generation.
- "IEEE Std 1547.7-2013"--Title page.
"Approved 11 December 2013 ; IEEE-SA Standards Board"--Title page.
"Published 28 February 2014 ; STD98508, STDPD98508"--Page ii.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 114-115).
Description based on online resource; title from title page (IEEE Xplore, viewed Mar. 10, 2014).
- IEEE Xplore (Online service)
IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 21 on Fuel Cells, Photovoltaics, Dispersed Generation, and Energy Storage.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
IEEE-SA Standards Board.
- 9780738188720 (PDF)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|