IEEE recommended practice for overvoltage and insulation coordination of transmission systems at 1000 kV AC and above [electronic resource] / sponsor, Corporate Advisory Group of the IEEE Board of Governors, and IEEE Substations Committee, IEEE Switchgear Committee, IEEE Transformers Committee of the IEEE Power and Energy Society.
- Other Title:
- IEEE Std 1862-2014.
- New York : Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 18 July 2014.
- IEEE Std.
1 online resource (ix, 54 pages) : illustrations
- Abstract: The procedure for selection of insulation levels of UHV ac transmission lines and substations are specified. Also specified are reliability criterion under switching overvoltage and lightning overvoltage. Calculation methods of insulation coordination design are suggested. According to the characteristics of UHV ac systems, overvoltage mitigation measures are recommended. Some examples of insulation coordination are presented. Keywords: atmospheric correction factor, basic lightning impulse insulation level (BIL), basic switching impulse insulation level (BSL), clearance, crest value, ground fault factor, IEEE 1862, insulation coordination, insulation design, overvoltage, phase-to-ground insulation configuration, phase-to-phase insulation configuration, protective margin, protective ratio, shielding failures, standard withstand voltages, ultra-high voltage (UHV), voltage stresses.
- "IEEE Std 1862-2014"--Title page.
"Approved 15 May 2014 ; IEEE-SA Standards"--Title page.
"Published 18 July 2014 ; STD98683, STDPD98683"--Page ii.
Includes bibliographical references (page 54).
Description based on online resource; title from title page (IEEE Xplore, viewed August 18, 2014).
- IEEE Xplore (Online service)
IEEE Power & Energy Society. IEEE Substations Committee.
IEEE Power & Energy Society. IEEE Switchgear Committee.
IEEE Power & Energy Society. IEEE Transformers Committee.
IEEE Board of Governors. Corporate Advisory Group.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
IEEE-SA Standards Board.
- 9780738191577 (PDF)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|