All About Maude - A High-Performance Logical Framework [electronic resource] : How to Specify, Program, and Verify Systems in Rewriting Logic / by Manuel Clavel, Francisco Durán, Steven Eker, Patrick Lincoln, Narciso Martí-Oliet, José Meseguer, Carolyn Talcott.
- 1st ed. 2007.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2007.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
LNCS sublibrary. Programming and software engineering SL 2, 4350
Programming and Software Engineering ; 4350
1 online resource (XXII, 802 pages)
- Programming languages (Electronic computers).
Logic, Symbolic and mathematical.
- Local subjects:
- Programming Languages, Compilers, Interpreters. (search)
Programming Techniques. (search)
Software Engineering. (search)
Artificial Intelligence. (search)
Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book gives a comprehensive account of Maude, a language and system based on rewriting logic. Many examples are used throughout the book to illustrate the main ideas and features of Maude, and its many possible uses. Maude modules are rewrite theories. Computation with such modules is - cient deduction by rewriting. Because of its logical basis and its initial model semantics,aMaudemodulede?nesaprecisemathematicalmodel.Thismeans that Maude and its formal tool environment can be used in three, mutually reinforcing ways: • as a declarative programming language; • as an executable formal speci?cation language; and • as a formal veri?cation system. Maude's rewriting logic is simple, yet very expressive. This gives Maude good representational capabilities as a semantic framework to formally represent a wide range of systems, including models of concurrency, distributed al- rithms, network protocols, semantics of programming languages, and models of cell biology. Rewriting logic is also an expressive universal logic,making Maude a ?exible logical framework in which many di?erent logics and - ference systems can be represented and mechanized. This makes Maude a useful metatool to build many other tools, including those in its own formal tool environment. Thanks to the logic's simplicity and the use of advanced semi-compilation techniques, Maude has a high-performance implementation, making it competitive with other declarative programming languages.
- I: Core Maude
Syntax and Basic Parsing
A Hierarchy of Data Types: From Trees to Sets
Playing with Maude
Predefined Data Modules
Specifying Parameterized Data Structures in Maude
Model Checking Invariants Through Search
LTL Model Checking
Reflection, Metalevel Computation, and Strategies
User Interfaces and Metalanguage Applications
II: Full Maude
Full Maude: Extending Core Maude
III: Applications and Tools
A Sampler of Application Areas
Debugging and Troubleshooting
Complete List of Maude Commands
Core Maude Grammar.
- Durán, Francisco, author., Author,
Eker, Steven. author., Author,
Lincoln, Patrick, author., Author,
Martí-Oliet, N. (Narciso), author., Author,
Meseguer, José, author., Author,
Talcott, Carolyn. author., Author,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-540-71999-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|