Application of Petri Nets to Communication Networks [electronic resource] : Advances in Petri Nets / edited by Jonathan Billington, Michel Diaz, Grzegorz Rozenberg.
- 1st ed. 1999.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1999.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 1605
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 1605
1 online resource (X, 314 pages)
- Computer networks.
Information storage and retrieval.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Communication Networks. (search)
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet). (search)
Software Engineering. (search)
Information Storage and Retrieval. (search)
Communications Engineering, Networks. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Petri nets offer a mathematically defined technique for the specification, design, analysis, verification and performance evaluation of concurrent distributed systems. They offer not only precise semantics and a theoretical foundation, but also a graphical form that facilitates the understanding of both information and control flow within the same formalism. As an intuitively appealing graphical form of presentation, Petri nets are the model of choice in various applications. Communications networks, ranging from traditional telecommunication systems to advanced Internet-based information services, are inherently distributed and comprise systems with concurrently operating components. This volume presents a selection of the latest advances in the use of Petri nets for the modeling, analysis and management of communication networks and systems in the broadest sense of these terms.
- Using high-level petri nets in the field of intelligent networks
The incremental modelling of the Z39.50 protocol with object petri nets
The modelling and analysis of IEEE 802.6's configuration control protocol with coloured petri nets
Colored petri nets based modeling and simulation of the static and dynamic allocation policies of the asynchronous bandwidth in the fieldbus protocol
Parameter region for the proper operation of the IEEE 802.2 LLC type 3 protocol: A petri net approach
Timed petri net models of ATM LANs
Performance evaluation of polling-based communication systems using SPNs
Structural decomposition and serial solution of SPN models of the ATM GAUSS switch
COSTPN for Modeling and control of telecommunication systems
Stochastic colored petri net models for rainbow optical networks.
- Billington, Jonathan. editor., Editor,
Diaz, Michel. editor., Editor,
Rozenberg, Grzegorz. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0097770 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|