Graphics Recognition: Achievements, Challenges, and Evolution [electronic resource] : 8th International Workshop, GREC 2009, La Rochelle, France, July 22-23, 2009, Selected Papers / edited by Jean-Marc Ogier, Wenyin Liu, Josep Llados.
- 1st ed. 2010.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2010.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
LNCS sublibrary. Image processing, computer vision, pattern recognition, and graphics SL 6, 6020
Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, and Graphics ; 6020
1 online resource (291 pages) : 151 illustrations
- Data mining.
Information storage and retrieval.
Optical data processing.
- Local subjects:
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet).
Information Storage and Retrieval.
Image Processing and Computer Vision.
Computer Imaging, Vision, Pattern Recognition and Graphics.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book contains refereed and improved papers presented at the 8th IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC 2009), held in La Rochelle, France, July 22-23, 2009. The GREC workshops provide an excellent opportunity for researchersand practitionersat all levels of experience to meet colleaguesand to share new ideas and knowledge about graphics recognition methods. Graphics recognition is a sub?eld of document image analysis that deals with graphical entities in engineering drawings, sketches, maps, architectural plans, musical scores, mathematical notation, tables, diagrams, et cetera GREC 2009 continued the tradition of past workshops held in the Penn State University, USA (GREC 1995, LNCS Volume 1072, Springer Verlag, 1996); Nancy, France (GREC 1997, LNCS Volume 1389, Springer Verlag, 1998); Jaipur, India (GREC 1999, LNCS Volume 1941, Springer Verlag, 2000); Kingston, Canada (GREC 2001, LNCS Volume 2390, Springer Verlag, 2002); Barcelona, Spain (GREC 2003, LNCS Volume 3088, Springer Verlag, 2004); Hong Kong, China (GREC 2005, LNCS Volume 3926, Springer Verlag, 2006); and (GREC 2007, LNCS Volume 5046, Springer Verlag, 2008). The programof GREC 2009 was organized in a single-track 2-day workshop. It comprised several sessions dedicated to speci?c topics. For each session, there was an invited presentation describing the state of the art and stating the open questions for the session's topic, followed by a number of short presentations thatcontributedbyproposingsolutionstosomeofthequestionsorbypresenting results ofthe speaker'swork. Eachsessionwas then concludedby a paneldisc- sion.
- Use of Perceptive Vision for Ruling Recognition in Ancient Documents
Fuzzy Intervals for Designing Structural Signature: An Application to Graphic Symbol Recognition
Interactive Conversion of Web Tables
Comparing Graph Similarity Measures for Graphical Recognition
Robust and Precise Circular Arc Detection
Automatic Palette Identification of Colored Graphics
Detection of Circular Arcs in a Digital Image Using Chord and Sagitta Properties
GOAL: Towards Understanding of Graphic Objects from Architectural to Line Drawings
Extracting Road Vector Data from Raster Maps
Human Perception in Segmentation of Sketches
SSP: Sketching Slide Presentations, a Syntactic Approach
QuickDiagram: A System for Online Sketching and Understanding of Diagrams
Segmenting and Indexing Old Documents Using a Letter Extraction
A New Minimum Trees-Based Approach for Shape Matching with Improved Time Computing: Application to Graphical Symbols Recognition
Unified Pairwise Spatial Relations: An Application to Graphical Symbol Retrieval
Real Scene Sign Recognition
Symbol Recognition Using a Concept Lattice of Graphical Patterns
Touching Text Character Localization in Graphical Documents Using SIFT
Graphical Drop Caps Indexing
Content Recognition and Indexing in the LiveMemory Platform
Segmentation of Colour Layers in Historical Maps Based on Hierarchical Colour Sampling
A New Image Quality Measure Considering Perceptual Information and Local Spatial Feature
GREC'09 Arc Segmentation Contest: Performance Evaluation on Old Documents
A Performance Characterization Algorithm for Symbol Localization
Graphics Recognition-What Else?.
- Ogier, Jean-Marc. editor., Editor,
Liu, Wenyin. editor., Editor,
Lladós Masllorens, Josep, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-642-13728-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|