The cyclic universe : a conversation with Sir Roger Penrose / Open Agenda Publishing.
- [Toronto, Ontario] : Open Agenda Publishing,  , ©2013
- Ideas Roadshow
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Penrose, Roger -- Interviews.
Cyclic universe theory (Cosmology)
Big bang theory.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1.
- Roger Penrose is convinced that there is one fundamental problem that is consistently being overlooked in modern cosmological approaches: why did our universe begin in such a particular state of extremely low entropy? His Conformal Cyclic Cosmology (CCC) is an attempt to directly address that question, and a good deal more besides.
- Introduction and basic concepts
The Big Bang entropy mystery
Dark matter, dark energy, and CCC
What inflation doesn't explain
Conformal tricks : another way to talk about infinity and our special Big Bang state
Adding some physics : black holes
Photons vs. massive particles : conformal vs. metric geometry
Mass at the Big Bang
But how is this physics? Where does the mass go?
Dark matter and dark energy in the CCC
What about the second law?
Popular books and sociological musings.
- Host, Howard Burton.
- Editor, Andrew Niblo; music, Shafton Thomas.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2013.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Penrose, Roger, interviewee.
Burton, Howard, 1965- interviewer.
Niblo, Andrew, editor.
Thomas, Shafton, musician.
Open Agenda Publishing, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|