Dinosaurs / Robert Sabuda & Matthew Reinhart.
- 1st ed.
- Cambridge, MA : Candlewick Press, 2067 Massachusetts Avenue, 2005.
- Encyclopedia prehistorica.
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Dinosaurs -- Dictionaries, Juvenile.
Pop-up books -- Specimens.
- Childrens subjects:
- Dinosaurs -- Dictionaries.
Toy and movable books.
- Toy and movable books -- Juvenile literature.
Toy and movable books -- Juvenile literature.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
- "From the world's preeminent paper engineers, a thrilling 3-D look at dinosaurs Open this book and a massive T. REX springs out, flashing a startling jawful of jagged teeth. Turn the next spread and a ravishing raptor unfurls and appears to fly off the edge of the page. Inside the amazing ENCYCLOPEDIA PREHISTORICA: DINOSAURS are "shield bearers" in full-body armor, creatures with frilly headgear, and weighty, long-necked giants. There are even amusing tidbits on the history of paleontology itself -- like a pop-up version of a Victorian New Year's dinner in the belly of a dinosaur model, or a pair of scientists locked in a literal tug-of-war over bones. Full of fascinating facts and lighthearted good humor, this breathtaking book includes fascinating, up-to-the-minute information about popular dinosaurs as well as many lesser-known varieties. With each of six spreads featuring one spectacular, large pop-up as well as booklets of smaller pop-ups and text, ENCYCLOPEDIA PREHISTORICA: DINOSAURS is a magnificent display of paper engineering and creativity -- an astonishing book that will be read, admired, and treasured forever. From renowned pop-up masters Robert Sabuda and Matthew Reinhart comes an awe-inspiring tribute to the world's most beloved extinct animals and their 180-million-year reign on our planet."--Publisher's website.
Explore the prehistoric world of dinosaurs with exciting text and more than thirty-five pop-ups.
- Cover title.
"The definitive pop-up! Features more than 35 pop-ups! Includes up-to-the-minute information about more than 50 different dinosaurs! Astonishing to read! A complete treasure! From the renowned masters Sabuda & Reinhart"--Label on cover.
"Age 5 and up."
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Reinhart, Matthew.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Toy and Movable Book Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|