John & Susan Simmonds and some of their descendants, with related ancestral lines, compiled by Frank William Simmonds ...
- Other records:
- Rutland, Vt., The Tuttle Pub. Co., Inc. 
222 pages frontispiece, illustrations (coat of arms) plates, portraits, maps, facsimiles 24 cm
- Simmons family.
- John Simmonds (1750-1840) was the immigrant ancestor for this Simmonds family. He was born at Whitly, Yorkshire, England. In 1781, he emigrated to Nova Scotia, landing at Halifax and then John settled at Clifton in Truro Twp. He married Susannah Campbell, daughter of John and Mary Campbell, of Truro, N.S. in 1785. They were the parents of John William, Nancy Campbell, Elizabeth Scott and James Scott Simmonds. A descendant, Frank William Simmonds (b.1876) was the son of Angus MacDonald Simmonds (1852-1927) and Christina Tillmann (1855- 1916) of Warren, Maine.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. inscription on front flyleaf: "To my esteemed friend - a great public benefactor - Dr. Samuel J. Crumbine with highest personal regards Frank W. Simmonds July 25, 1948".
- Penn Provenance:
- Simmonds, Frank William, 1876- (autograph) (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Crumbine, Samuel J. (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Simmonds, Frank William, 1876- John & Susan Simmonds and some of their descendants.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|