Statics and mechanics of materials / R.C. Hibbeler.
- Fourth edition.
- Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Pearson, 
xxiv, 877 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Strength of materials.
Structural analysis (Engineering).
- Statics and Mechanics of Materials provides a comprehensive and well-illustrated introduction to the theory and application of statics and mechanics of materials. The text presents a commitment to the development of student problem-solving skills and features many pedagogical aids unique to Hibbeler texts. Mastering Engineering for Statics and Mechanics of Materials is a total learning package. This innovative online program emulates the instructor's office - hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Statics and Mechanics of Materials with self-paced individualized coaching. This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience - for you and your students. It provides: Individualize Mastering Engineering emulates the instructor's office-hour environment using self-paced individualized coaching; Problem Solving: A large variety of problem types stress practical, realistic situations encountered in professional practice; Visualization: The photorealistic art program is designed to help students visualize difficult concepts; Review and Student Support; A thorough end of chapter review provides students with a concise reviewing tool; Accuracy: The accuracy of the text and problem solutions has been thoroughly checked by four other parties.
- 1. General principles
2. Force vectors
3. Force system resultants
4. Equilibrium of a rigid body
5. Structural analysis
6. Center of gravity, centroid, and moment of inertia
7. Stress and strain
8. Mechanical properties of materials
9. Axial load
12. Transverse shear
13. Combined loadings
14. Stress and strain transformation
15. Design of beams and shafts
16. Deflection of beams and shafts
17. Buckling of columns
Fundamental problems partial solutions and answers
Answers to selected problems.
- "This book represents a combined abridged version of two of the author's books, namely Engineering Mechanics: Statics, Thirteenth Edition and Mechanics of Materials, Ninth Edition"--Preface.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Other Edition:
- Abridgement of: . Hibbeler, R. C. 13th ed.
Abridgement of: . Hibbeler, R. C. Ninth edition
- 9780133451603 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|