Collections care and stewardship : innovative approaches for museums / edited by Juilee Decker.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 2015.
- Innovative approaches for museums
vi, 105 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Museums -- Collection management.
Antiquities -- Collection and preservation.
Art objects -- Collection and preservation.
Manuscripts -- Collection and preservation.
Museums -- Curatorship.
Museums -- Educational aspects.
- "Considers best practices and innovations related to documenting collections with regard to movement and safe handling of items for transport, display, photography, and treatment; collections storage; and information-sharing within and beyond the museum"--Provided by publisher.
- An outdoor museum perspective on education and audience engagement / Katherine A. Johnson, Eileen Prendergast, and Jennifer Schwarz Ballard, Chicago Botanic Garden
Collection preservation facilities : one approach to sustainable design, construction, and operations / Kelly Tomajko, Denver Museum of Nature & Science
A window on the work : preview at the Denver Art Museum / Allison McCloskey, Denver Art Museum
The increase & diffusion of collections care knowledge : a partnership / Mary Coughlin and Shari Stout, The George Washington University and the National Museum of American History
Contextualizing collections management in academic museums / Nicolette B. Meister, Logan Museum of Anthropology, Beloit College
Collection curriculum : caring for objects, educating students / Carrie Wieners Meyer, The Durham Museum
Divergent agendas and Dobles Vidas : a folk art curating partnership between University of San Francisco and the Mexican Museum / Marjorie Schwarzer, University of San Francisco with Glori Simmons, Thacher Gallery and Marlena Cannon de Mendez, The Mexican Museum
Co-creation and sustainable community engagement / Robert P. Connolly, Rebecca E. Bria, Elizabeth K. Cruzado Carranza, C. H. Nash Museum and PIARA (Proyecto de Investigación Arqueológico Regional Ancash)
Common cause : challenges in museum studies & public history / Terry A. Barnhart, Eastern Illinois University
Joining the dots : building connections within GLAM organizations / Michael Jones, The University of Melbourne.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Decker, Juilee.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- 1442238798 (paperback : alkaline paper)
9781442238794 (paperback : alkaline paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|