Social psychology : an outline and source book / by Edward Alsworth Ross.
- Other records:
- New York : The Macmillan Company, 1908. , ©1908
- Norwood, MA : Norwood Press
xvi ,  , 372 pages ; 20 cm
- Social psychology.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- "It requires some hardihood to put forth this, the pioneer treatise, in any language, professing to deal systematically with the subject of social psychology. In spite of infinite pains and thirteen years of experience in university teaching of the subject, I feel sure this book is strewn with errors. The ground is new, and among the hundreds of interpretations, inferences, and generalizations I have ventured on, no doubt scores will turn out to be wrong. Of course I would strike them out if I knew which they are. I would hold back the book could I hope by longer scrutiny to detect them. But I have brought social psychology as far as I can unaided, and nothing is to be gained by delay. The time has come to hand over the results of my reflection to my fellow-workers, in the hope of provoking discussions which will part the wheat from the chaff and set it to producing an hundred fold"--Preface.
- "Norwood Press. J. S. Cushing Co -- Berwick & Smith Co. Norwood, Mass., U.S.A."--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
Kislak Center Copy is a 1921 printing.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (former owner) (Adams copy)
Taylor, Carl Vernon (bookplate) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Macmillan Company, publisher.
Norwood Press, printer.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|