Visible, invisible : landscape works of Reed Hilderbrand / Douglas Reed and Gary Hilderbrand ; texts by Peter Walker, Robert Pogue Harrison, Gary Hilderbrand, Suzanne Turner, Niall Kirkwood, and William S. Saunders ; edited by Eric Kramer.
- New York : Metropolis Books, 2012.
375 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reed Hilderbrand Associates.
Landscape architecture -- United States.
- This book presents the work of Boston-based landscape architecture firm Reed Hilderbrand. Led by founding principals Douglas Reed and Gary Hilderbrand, the firm is widely recognized for rigorously conceived and carefully executed projects that merge the particular native qualities of a site with recognizably contemporary design expression. Their work embodies a deep embrace of modernism, a devotion to intellectual traditions in their field and a rich engagement of horticulture and ecological systems. The book examines a range of 40 public and private commissions in cities and rural settings, including institutional campuses, residences and urban regeneration projects such as the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University; Bennington College, Bennington, VT; Duke University, Durham, NC; Poetry Foundation, Chicago; Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Kansas City, MO; Clyfford Still Museum, Denver; Dallas Museum of Art; Phoenix Art Museum; and the redevelopment of portions of the South Boston waterfront.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 374).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Reed, Douglas, 1955-
Hilderbrand, Gary R.
Kramer, Eric, 1973- editor.
Reed Hilderbrand Associates.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|