Kyoto : Heart of Japan / a documentary film by Kon Ichikawa
- Digital re-mastered version.
- [Toronto, Ontario, Canada] : Marty Gross Film Productions Inc.,  , ©2015
1 videodisc (37 minutes): sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet
- Kyoto (Japan)
- Documentary films.
- Narration in English, Japanese or Italian
- System Details:
- DVD (NTSC, Region ALL).
- Director, Kon Ichikawa ; screenplay, Shuntaro Tanikawa ; producer Seiichiro Eida ; Original music, Toru Takemitsu ; Cinematography, Naoyuki Sumitani ; Narration, Sir Michael Redgrave (English), Hiroshi Akutagawa (Japanese), Giancarlo Sbragia (Italian) ; audio remastered by Peter Mundinger.
- "Kyoto was digitally re-mastered by the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia Archivio Nazionale del Cinema Impresa, Italy, to 2.3K video from a print provided by National Film Center, and the National Museum of Modern Art, Japan."-- container.
Original 35mm film production by Olivetti Arte, 1968
Audio remastered by Peter Mundinger
"Extra feature - a 17 minute film on the opening night screening in Tokyo and Kyoto." -- container
Filmed at the Ryoanji Temple Stone Garden, the Meditation Hall of Tenryuji Temple, a Geisha residence, the Moss Garden of Saihoji Temple, the Katsura Imperial Villa and the Gion Festival.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Ichikawa, Kon, 1915-2008, director., Director
Tanikawa, Shuntarō, 1931- writer of screenplay., Screenwriter
Redgrave, Michael, narrator., Narrator
Akutagawa, Hiroshi, 1920-1981, narrator., Narrator
Sbragia, Giancarlo, narrator., Narrator
Marty Gross Film Productions, production company., Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|