Pyongyang : a journey in North Korea / Guy Delisle ; [translated by Helge Dascher].
- Standardized Title:
- Pyongyang. English
- Advance reader's copy.
- Montréal, Quebec : Drawn & Quarterly ; New York : Distributed in the USA by Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2005.
176 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 23 cm
- Korea (North) -- Social conditions -- 21st century -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Korea (North) -- Politics and government -- 21st century -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Korea (North) -- Civilization -- 21st century -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Local subjects:
- Delisle, Guy -- Travel.
Korea (North) -- Politics and government.
Korea (North) -- Social conditions.
- Graphic novels.
Graphic novels -- Canada.
- A westerner's visit into North Korea, told in the form of a graphic novel. Famously referred to as one of the "Axis of Evil" countries, North Korea remains one of the most secretive and mysterious nations in the world today. In early 2001 cartoonist Guy Delisle became one of the few Westerners to be allowed access to the fortresslike country. While living in the nation's capital for two months on a work visa for a French film animation company, Delisle observed what he was allowed to see of the culture and lives of the few North Koreans he encountered; his findings form the basis of this remarkable graphic novel. "Pyongyang "is an informative, personal, and accessible look at a dangerous and enigmatic country.
- American Library Association Young Adult Library Services Association--YALSA--Best Books for Young Adults (2006); American Library Association-YA (2006).
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dascher, Helge, 1965-
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|