al-Qurʼān, between 1830 and 1940.
- Standardized Title:
- Qurʼan. Selections. Arabic.
- Other Title:
- Qurʼān karīm
- between 1830 and 1940.
1 volume (66 leaves) : paper ; 229 x 177 mm.
Manuscripts, Arabic -- 19th century.
Manuscripts, Arabic -- 20th century.
Manuscripts -- Morocco -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- Morocco -- 20th century.
- In Arabic.
- Incomplete text: begins with Sūrat al-Aʻrāf, āyat 127 (7:127) and ends with Sūrat al-Nūr, āyat 64 (24:64).
- Probably written in Morocco, in Maghribi script; vocalization in red ink; some decoration in red, yellow, and green ink (f. 47v).
Damage from worms at the beginning of the manuscript (f. 1-8) and oxidized ink throughout, resulting in brittleness and minor breaks and holes in many leaves.
Modern quarter leather binding (Type 3) with gilt spine title.
Not listed in the Fez Lithographs Collection handlist.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold as part of the Fez Lithographs Collection by Fawzi Abdulrazak (Cambridge, Massachusetts), 2013.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 960, Item 25.
- Abdulrazak, Fawzi, former owner.
Fez Lithographs Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Contained In:
- Collection of Fez Manuscripts. Item 25
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|