Hans Bol / compiled by Ursula Mielke ; with contributions by Stefaan Hautekeete ; edited by Ger Luijten.
- Ouderkerk aan den IJssel : Sound & Vision Publishers : In co-operation with the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, 2015.
- New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish etchings, engravings and woodcuts, 1450-1700.
The new Hollstein Dutch & Flemish etchings, engravings and woodcuts, 1450-1700
2 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Bol, Hans, 1534-1593 -- Catalogues raisonnés.
Bol, Hans, 1534-1593.
- Catalogues raisonnés.
- "Since the publication of Hollstein Dutch & Flemish volume III in 1951 (compiled by F.W.H. Hollstein himself) no systematic list of the etchings by, and the engravings after Hans Bol has been published. With our forthcoming publication on the graphic oeuvre of Hans Bol, Hollstein's work is now expanded and brought to an up to date state. Hans Bol is one of the most important representatives of Netherlandish landscape design in the second half of the sixteenth century in tradition of Pieter Bruegel. Only a small number of etchings from his hand were known; with our recent research we were able to add a few. Many drawings exist, which have served as models for graphic series or single sheets. A part of these engravings is incorporated in earlier Hollstein Dutch & Flemish volumes, esp. in: Jan Galle, Jan Sadeler, and in The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish The Collaert Family. Hans Bol was working in Antwerp, where he was in close contact with well known printers/publishers, as Hieronymus Cock, Jan Galle, Hans van Luijk, and Bartholomäus de Momper."--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references (volume 1, pages xi-xxiv) and indexes.
- Mielke, Ursula, compiler.
Hautekeete, Stefaan, contributor.
Luijten, Ger, editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|