This ain't California / Wildfremd Production and ARTE, RBB, MDR presents ; a Marten Persiel film ; director, Marten Persiel ; script by Marten Persiel and Ira Wedel ; produced by Michael Schoebel and Ronald Vietz.
- Other Title:
- This Is not California
- [England?] : Luxin : distributed by UE Ltd., c2013
1 videodisc (96 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Skateboarding -- History -- Drama.
Skateboarding -- Social aspects -- Drama.
Skateboarding -- Germany (East) -- Drama.
Extreme sports -- Germany (East) -- Drama.
Friendship -- Drama.
- Documentary-style films.
Motion pictures, German.
- In German with subtitles in English; opening and closing credits in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL, Region 2; widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital.
digital optical Dolby Digital
video file DVD
- "In This Ain't California three kids discover their love of skateboarding on the cracked asphalt of the GDR--a madcap, even unacceptable sport that was perhaps so incredibly exciting because of its nuttiness. This punk fairytale created by a bunch of kids who luckily possessed sufficiently manic levels of energy to record their lives on Super-8mm film, shows us life in the GDR life as it has never been seen before. The film follows its three main protagonists from their childhood in the seventies, through their turbulent teens in the eighties right up to that autumn of 1989 when they were twenty and suddenly, everything they had known up to that point was about to change forever"--Berlin International Film Festival website. It should be noted that this a work of fiction, and not a documentary film.
- David Nathan, Anneke Schwab, Kai Hillebrand.
- Directed by Marten Persiel ; produced by Ronald Vietz and Michael Schöbel; director of photography, Felix Leiberg; editors, Maxine Goedicke ... [et al.]; music, Lars Damm, Troy von Balthazar.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2012.
Stated duration of film on container is 90 mins. approx.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George R. Fink Memorial Fund.
- Persiel, Marten, film director, screenwriter.
Vietz, Ronald, film producer.
Schöbel, Michael, film producer.
Nathan, David, actor.
Schwab, Anneke, actor.
Hillebrand, Kai, actor.
Damm, Lars, composer (expression)
Balthazar, Troy von, composer (expression)
Wildfremd Production Gmbd., film production company.
Luxin (Firm), film distribution company.
George R. Fink Memorial Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|