Depending on heaven [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 1988.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (53 min.).
- Mongols -- Social life and customs.
Nomads -- China -- Inner Mongolia.
Nomads -- Mongolia.
Inner Mongolia (China) -- Social life and customs.
Mongolia -- Social life and customs.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in an undetermined language with English subtitles.
- This two part film focusses on Mongols living in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of China. Both sections would be excellent as teaching aids, particularly when accompanied by appropriate literature. The cinematography is stunning, evoking a strong mixture of the power of the environment-the expanse of the desert and grasslands-and the will of the people who live there. The Grasslands follows the life of a nomadic Mongol family on their year's journey following their herds across northern China. This section portrays a traditional view of Mongolian life. The second part of the film, The Desert, gives a more contemporary view of Mongols attempting to reclaim the desert in the more sedentary lifestyle currently encouraged by the Chinese government. This second section brings in disturbing environmental questions regarding the destruction of these northern grasslands.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewedApr. 23, 2013).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Entell, Peter.
Alexander Street Press.
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|