A sheepherder's homecoming [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 1996.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (41 min.).
- Migrant labor -- United States.
Migrant labor -- Mexico.
Shepherds -- Mexico.
Documentary films -- United States.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in English and Spanish with English subtitles.
- This film documents a migrant worker's experiences as a herder on a Nevada sheep ranch who then returns to his family in Mexico after a long absence to renew ties and find a job at home. It contains an original Mexican corrido song track and a voice over based on John Berger's 'A Seventh Man.' The film contributes towards understanding the often temporal and circular process of migration, and its impact on social networks and familial relations.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed Feb. 27, 2013).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Moore, Allen. , Director
Werner, Louis. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|