Silk, Muthappar and VHS [electronic resource] : portraits from South India.
- Other records:
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 1997.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (62 min.).
- Ethnology -- India, South -- Fieldwork.
India, South -- Social life and customs.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in an undetermined language with English subtitles.
- The documentary, filmed during ethnographic field research, shows three portraits of 'ordinary' personalities - Mala, a young weaver sharing a one-bedroom house with nine siblings; Santa Cruz, once a fishtrader and now a healer and magician; and Muthiah, a videographer of upper class weddings - living in a neighbourhood in Nagercoil, a south Indian town. The aim of the video is to show the persons not as representatives of homogeneous masses, but to acknowledge them as individuals who nurse their own specific worries and strategies in a changing world. The protagonists thus themselves comment about their own lives and actions.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed Feb. 27, 2013).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Grossenbacher, Ulrich. , Director
Luethi, Damaris. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|