There is nothing wrong with my uncle [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 2012.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (61 min.).
- Tarok (African people) -- Rites and ceremonies.
Tarok (African people) -- Social life and customs.
Ancestor worship -- Nigeria.
Christianity and other religions -- Nigeria.
Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Nigeria.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in Tarok with English subtitles.
- Nigerian writer Dul Johnson returns to Tarok land to observe the local death rituals and the record of the Tarok ways of dealing with grief and honoring departed. This film provides a rare and detailed record of local religious practices. It bears witness to the fluid ways in which communities, families and individuals construct their religious and cultural identities, and also reseals the tense interplay between the modern and the traditional. Johnson's search for meaning in Tarok land yields a compelling portrait of Tarok culture, and provides a unique contributrion to the knowledge of contemporary religious life of Tarok communities of Mile 4 Langtan South, Tunkun and Wan Langtan North, Plateau State, Nigeria.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed Feb. 27, 2013).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Bringas, Sylvie. , Producer
Johnson, Dul, 1953- , Director, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|