Unravel [electronic resource] / a film by Meghna Gupta.
- Other records:
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 2012.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (14 min.).
- Textile waste -- India.
Textile workers -- India.
Textiles -- Recycling -- India.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in Hindi with English subtitles.
- Unravel follows the western worlds least wanted clothes, on a journey across northern India, from sea to industrial interior. They get sent to Panipat, a sleepy town and the only place in the world that wants them, recycling them back into yarn. Reshma is a bright, inquisitive woman working in a textile recycling factory in small time India, who dreams of travelling the vast distances the clothes she handles have. While Reshma shows us how these garments get transformed, she and other women workers reflect on these cloths. Despite limited exposure to western culture, they construct a picture of how the west is, using both their imagination and the rumours that travel with the cast-offs.--Original container.
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Gupta, Meghna.
Alexander Street Press.
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|