Demolition [electronic resource] / written and directed by J.P. Sniadecki.
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources (DER), 2008.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 1
Sensory ethnography lab
1 online resource (62 min.).
- Migrant labor -- China.
Rural-urban migration -- China.
Chengdu (China) -- Economic conditions.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in Chinese with English subtitles.
- "A portrait of urban space, migrant labor, and ephemeral relationships in the center of Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province in western China. Attending first to the formal dimensions of the transforming worksite - including the demands of physical labor and the relationship between human and machine - the film shifts focus to the social dynamics of a group of thirty men and women who have come from the countryside to work in this ever-changing urban landscape. In exploring the various banal yet striking interactions between these members of China's "floating population," the city's residents, and the filmmaker, Demolition simultaneously expresses and resists the fleeting nature of urban experience."--Original container.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewedMar. 12, 2014).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 1). Available via World Wide Web.
- Sniadecki, J. P. , Screenwriter, Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|