Sea legends. The crocodile dream [electronic resource] / directed by Vincent Grémillon ; produced by Manuel Catteau.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Sea legends : the crocodile dream
The crocodile dream
- Paris, Ile-de-France : ZED, 1998.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 1
1 online resource (27 min.).
- Legends -- Australia.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in English.
- Long ago, Earth was dominated by supernatural spirits living in the oceans. Man however, lived in perfect harmony with them, thanks to a sacred alliance he forged with the marine mammals. Today however, throughout the world, exist ethnic minorities whose daily lives continue to bear witness to contemporary myths: these legends are their faith, and the animals, their gods. From the shark tamers of the Pacific to the crocodile hunters of the Australian reef, 'Sea legends' reveals the most wondrous of beliefs which unite man and nature in the spectacular, thousand-year old fulfillment of a magical destiny.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewedMar. 12, 2014).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 1). Available via World Wide Web.
- Wenger, Allan. , Narrator
Catteau, Manuel. , Producer
Grémillon, Vincent. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|