An introduction to Tokelau weaving [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- New Zealand : Handmade Productions, 2011.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 1
1 online resource (140 min.).
- Hand weaving -- New Zealand -- Wellington.
Tokelauans -- Social life and customs.
Hand weaving -- Tokelau -- Nukunonu -- Patterns.
Hand weaving -- Tokelau -- Nukunonu -- Technique.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in Tokelauan with English subtitles.
- This film tells the story of the traditional art of Nukunonu weaving in the lives of the Tokelau community in Wellington, New Zealand. The Nukunonu women of Wellington describe the process, preparations and practice of weaving as it was conducted by their Grandmothers, Mothers and how they continue these practices in their new lives in New Zealand. The stories and traditions of Tokelau weaving are interwoven with Tokelau song and dance, and presented by Kalameli Teinawho Ihaia Alewhohio.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewed Feb. 27, 2013).
Recorded in 2009.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Wolffram, Paul. , Director, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|