Our god the condor [electronic resource] / a film by Paul Yule and Andy Harries.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1990.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 1
1 online resource (29 min.).
- Documentary films.
Indians of South America -- Peru.
Peru -- Social life and customs.
- Ethnographic films.
- This edition in Spanish and English with English subtitles.
- The Yawar Festival, a spectacular event in the southern Andes of Peru, pits a condor, symbolic of the Andean people, against a bull, the symbol of Spain. In the dramatic ritual battle the wildly flapping condor is tied atop the lurching bull. The film documents the significance of the ceremony for the indigenous people.
- Title from title frames (Ethnographic video online, viewedMay 24, 2011).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
Margaret Mead Film Festival, 1987
Special Award, Society for Visual Anthropology, 1989
Special Prize, Anthropos, 1987
- Yule, Paul.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|