Mutiny on the Bounty / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; a Frank Lloyd production ; directed by Frank Lloyd ; screenplay by Talbot Jennings, Jules Furthman and Carey Wilson.
- Culver City, CA : Warner Bros. : Turner Entertainment Co., c2013.
- Best of Warner Bros. 50 film collection.
1 videodisc (132 minutes) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Nordhoff, Charles, 1887-1947 -- Film adaptations.
Hall, James Norman, 1887-1951 -- Film adaptations.
Bligh, William, 1754-1817 -- Drama.
Christian, Fletcher, 1764-1793 -- Drama.
Bounty (Ship) -- Drama.
Bounty Mutiny, 1789 -- Drama.
Mutiny -- Drama.
Ship captains -- Drama.
Historic ships -- Drama.
Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- 1760-1789 -- Drama.
- Historical films.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish; optional subtitles in French, or Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray disc, 1080p, HD; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
laser optical, 1080p
video file Blu-ray
- In 1789, the English ship H.M.S. Bounty begins a two-year mission. The ship travels to Tahiti to obtain breadfruit plants that will provide cheap food for slaves in the West Indies, the Bounty's final destination. The captain is William Bligh, a vicious taskmaster who doesn't flinch at giving two dozen lashes to any malcontent on board, for the most minor of infractions. The first mate is Lt. Fletcher Christian, who despises Bligh but has somehow earned the captain's respect. Bligh makes life miserable for the crew, and after the Bounty leaves Tahiti for the West Indies, Bligh orders the ship's doctor, a dying man, to stand on deck despite his illness. The doctor dies, which begins a chain reaction of anger leading to Christian leading a mutiny against Bligh.
- Charles Laughton, Clark Gable, Franchot Tone, Herbert Mundin, Eddie Quillan, Dudley Digges, Donald Crisp, Henry Stephenson, Francis Lister, Spring Byington.
- Photography, Arthur Edeson; editor, Margaret Booth; art director, Cedric Gibbons; marine director, James Havens; music, Herbert Stothart.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1935.
Based on Mutiny on the Bounty / by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall.
Special features: 1935 short Pitcairn Island Today; Academy Award newsreel; theatrical trailers.
Academy Award, 1935: Best picture.
- Local notes:
- Issued by Warner Bros. as one disc in the set Best of Warner Bros. 50 film collection. University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged these items separately.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Isaac Norris Library Fund.
- Lloyd, Frank, 1887-1960, film director.
Jennings, Talbot, screenwriter.
Furthman, Jules, screenwriter.
Wilson, Carey, 1889-1962, screenwriter.
Laughton, Charles, 1899-1962, actor.
Gable, Clark, 1901-1960, actor.
Tone, Franchot, actor.
Mundin, Herbert, 1898-1939, actor.
Quillan, Eddie, 1907-1990, actor.
Digges, Dudley, 1879-1947, actor.
Crisp, Donald, 1880-1974, actor.
Stephenson, Henry, 1871-1956, actor.
Lister, Francis, 1899-1951, actor.
Byington, Spring, 1886-1971, actor.
Hall, James Norman, 1887-1951, author.
Nordhoff, Charles, 1887-1947, author.
Stothart, Herbert, 1885-1949, composer.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, film production company.
Turner Entertainment Co., film distribution company.
Warner Home Video (Firm), film distribution company.
Isaac Norris Library Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 7000037404 Warner Bros.
3000045018 Warner Bros. container
3000045019 Warner Bros. container.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|