The real college debt crisis : how student borrowing threatens financial well-being and erodes the American dream / William Elliott III with Melinda K. Lewis.
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, 
xiv, 250 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Student loans -- United States.
Student loans -- Government policy -- United States.
College graduates -- United States -- Finance, Personal.
Student aid -- United States.
Debt -- United States.
College graduates -- Finance, Personal.
Student loans -- Government policy.
- "The central motivation for this book is imagining an alternative to the student loan program that better aligns with America's belief that effort and ability should be the deciding factors in determining economic differences. It positions postsecondary education properly as the central lever by which American children can secure for themselves promising futures, and it supports analysis of the extent to which current policy interventions facilitate these mechanisms, or not"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211-238) and index.
- Lewis, Melinda K.
- 9781440836466 (hardback : acid-free paper)
1440836469 (hardback : acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|