Suffrage reconstructed : gender, race, and voting rights in the Civil War era / Laura E. Free.
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2015. , ©2015
235 pages ; 25 cm
- United States. Constitution. -- 14th Amendment
Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
African Americans -- Suffrage -- History -- 19th century.
Suffrage -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
Women's rights -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
Constitution (United States)
African Americans -- Suffrage.
Politics and government.
Women -- Suffrage
- Introduction : We, the people
The white man's government
Manhood and citizenship
The family politic
The rights of men
That word "male"
White women's rights
Conclusion : by reason of race.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
- Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
- Other format:
- Electronic version: Free, Laura E., 1971- Suffrage reconstructed.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|